Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Week 7 - Back to the grind

So been back to work for a week now. Really hard to get back in the routine of waking up in the morning. Hard to remember to prepare my lunch and all. Not like there is anything in a vending machine that I can actually chew. Oatmeal packets are your friend.

So it's been interesting seeing people I haven't seen in 6 weeks. Most of my team knows I had surgery and they all like the way it looks. Getting a lot of compliments. There are some people who just looked at me oddly and asked why I look so different. People think maybe it's just my hair. One person actually didn't really recognize it was me. Creepy talking on the phone because it rests on my chin which I still can't really feel. Can't talk for long periods of time. Mouth was very sore by the end of one day. I could barely talk.


Got an adjustment from my chiropractor last night and now the blood seems to be flowing much better. She also has some low level cold laser that help stimulate the nerves. Right after my appointment I could feel the blood flowing in my chin. Now the feeling is much better now. Still can't feel anything on the skin but at least I can feel the pressure underneath now. Not so puffy feeling now. Tingling is a lot worse.

Was able to eat a burger tonight fairly normally in small bites. Have some pain in one of my teeth when I bite down but wasn't too bad. Even had a salad the other day. Still have to cut my sandwiches into 4 strips though and usually have to tear off the crusts.

Finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: