Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 12 - A small getaway

Today I went to Reno to play some bingo. Had my first meals in public.

For breakfast I had a bowl of cream-of-wheat, an over-easy egg, and a bowl of cut up bananas. Later I had some biscuits and gravy. I just cut up the biscuits into little pieces and saturated with gravy. For lunch I had a bowl of chili with some nacho cheese added. For dinner I had catfish, mashed potatoes, gravy, some creamed spinach. I started with a bowl of chicken noodle soup. Had to scoop out all the chicken though. Cut up the noodles and ate them. Added a couple crackers and let them get mushy.

Was more successful than I thought it would be. I set up my little stand-up mirror on the table so I could see where to put the fork. Since I still can't really feel my lips and stuff it is hard to know if I have the food in the right place. Plus I can't tell if I have food all over my face. You can eat a lot. Just remember, you can't chew very well so everything needs to be easy to swallow whole. Cut stuff up into little pieces or make it soft enough to mush with your tongue. Put very small amounts on your fork. It will take some patience. Think it took me 30 minutes to eat a bowl of chili.

Luckily the people at the airport let me bring on my Gatorade bottle. It was empty so they didn't seem to care. This is the only bottle I can drink out of easily. Still can't drink out of a cup. The nice people at the restaurants filled it for me a couple times too.

Overall the day was good. Was nice to have some distraction from the constant tingling. Better then sitting at home all day

No comments: