Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 9 - Emotional Roller Coaster

Woke up with a stiff neck as usual. Went to my orthodontist today for a checkup. She was amazed at how well I have healed. She said usually those who come in after a week are still black and blue and puffy. I have very little bruising and most of the puffiness is gone.

Took some Codeine when I got home so I could go back to sleep. A couple hours later I was awoken by the most dreaded phone call of them all. The Dr. needed to cancel my appointment to get my wires off. All week I have been counting off the days. Today was 9 days down and only 2 to go. They were supposed to come off on Friday. For some reason my doctor would be in the OR all day and had to postpone my wire removal until next week. I pleaded for them to be able to do it tomorrow since it will have been 9 days. She said that the nurse refused since he wants more than 9 days usually. She asked if I wanted to reschedule and I asked if I had a choice. I made a comment about removing them myself on Friday and hung up.

I cried and cried. I was so upset. Life was so unfair. How can I live another 4 days like this!! Monday is a holiday so the appointment would have to be on Tuesday. George came in and held me while I cried. I felt so helpless. I can't stand the Ensures anymore and soup is not enough! How was I supposed to get my calories up pure liquid!! I was actually trying to figure out if I could take them off myself on Friday. Even if only for 5 minutes to brush my tongue and stuff. Maybe I could cut the splint so it wouldn't stick out so much...

Then my phone rang again.....

I heard the magic words, she got permission to schedule my wires to be taken off tomorrow! All I had to do was reschedule my x-ray appointment so I had my records before my appointment. I immediately had George call the x-ray people and they moved my appointment to 9 am tomorrow. Called back the Dr. and was able to schedule my wires to come off at 11:30 am. Will be cutting it close but I will make it!

So instead of getting them off 4 days late, I will be getting them off a day early!! Woohoo!

Saw my chirpractor again and did some more laser therapy to stimulate the healing nerves. Was able to get down some potato soup with extra butter and milk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you healed so well because you did a lot more pre-work than most people and worked very hard at taking care of yourself!

Anonymous said...

lookin gooood