Monday, May 12, 2008

My last supper....

So the surgery is tomorrow morning. Have to be at the hospital at 6am for a 7:45 surgery. This is it, my last real meal for 6 weeks!

George and I packed everything up to head to my parent's place. They live near the hospital and mom was taking the week off so this will be home base for awhile. Laid everything out and showed mom how things worked. Tested out the wedge they bought me for the bed and everything seems set.

We headed out to Black Angus for my last supper. I opted for some crab cakes for an appetizer. Had the 6 oz Filet Mignon, salad with Thousand Island Dressing and baked potato. Of course we had to get a crappy waitress who didn't pay much attention to us after taking our orders. Our steaks showed up before our salads did so I was not able to savor my last salad for 6 weeks. She also did not bring us bread until we asked for it still not until halfway through the meal. Otherwise it was very good.

We got home and I tried to get to sleep early. George and I usually don't sleep well in a queen bed so I planned to sleep in the King with my mom. Dad is still recovering from Gall Bladder surgery so he was sleeping in the recliner in the living room. Mom had taken a nap earlier so she could not sleep and was keeping me up with the light on and constant page turning of the book. I went in with George and was able to get a few unrestful hours of sleep before the alarm went off at 5am...

No comments: