Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 5 - Not so good night

Had a pretty miserable night. My face feels like it is burning. Not sure if it is frostbite from too much ice, the nerves just coming back, or something else. Can't really get any sleep. When I lay back I instantly fall asleep. Not a natural one, more like a drug induced brief coma. I blink and the next thing I know I am awake. This is usually because I have choked, my head has dropped, or just from the pain. All of them usually means I jerk awake and feel a pull in my jaw. Can hear it creak and of course I have to tell myself I am not slowly breaking it apart.

I have not been cleaning my teeth and gums as well as I should be. As a consequence I woke up this morning with left over tomato soup left over in my teeth. It was so rancid it was making me sick. Have to make sure I keep everything clean and rinsed with the mouthwash.

So good news is that the numbness is starting to wear off, at least it increases my chances that it will not be permanent. Bad news is that the numbness is wearing off so now I can feel the acute pains, not just the general pressure from the swelling. The pain meds have me swimming in and out of consciousness and I hate the feeling but the pain is getting so bad my time consists of waiting for 2 hours to tick by for next pain med dose.

Read that the twitching and breathing problems are due to overdose from the drugs. Time to cut back. Cutting back to 1 teaspoon every 3 hours. Barely got 200 calories today.

By the end of the day I was feeling a little better. Steamed my face for awhile and was able to finally take the dressing off my chin. Feels like I have much more movement now.

Hung out outside on the patio for a few hours. Dad and George went on a drink run and brought me back a bunch of drinks. I am so sick of the milky stuff, need some clear-like liquids. They brought me some Gatorade. Looks like the Kellogs Special K protein water has the most calories.

No comments: