Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 8 - 1 week Post Op

So it's the 1 week anniversary of the surgery. I can honestly say it went by faster than I expected.

Last night I did not sleep very well. Went entirely too long without pain meds this morning. By the time George came back from his workout I was so stiff and sore that I could barely move to get my own pain meds. Need to make sure we have alarms set and I stay ahead of the pain.

Today I was on a mission to get the ounces and calories. Had an Ensure plus in the morning. Later in the afternoon I had some of my frozen Minestrone and was able to finish it all. Also had some Orange Juice. Was tired of the bland stuff so I made some Tortilla soup. Actually was able to finish about 12 ounces of this. Unfortunately soups are not very caloric. I added a pad of butter and some whole milk to the soup to help out. I was able to get to 64 ounces of fluids but still only had 700 calories.

As of today I have lost 10 lbs. They had said I would lose 7 off the bat, but any higher and I should be concerned. Well considering how many calories I have each day it is not surprising I have actually lost 10 total so far.

No comments: