Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 3 - Journey continues

Didn't get much sleep last night. No more than 2 hours at a time. Basically went through the same cycle over and over. Take my meds, put on my ice and fall asleep. 2 hours later ice has gotten warm and pain meds wearing off. Wake up and start again.

Did not eat or drink much today. Can barely swallow more than a few drops at a time. Got 25% of an ensure down but thats about it. It's 104 outside. So uncomfortable. Moved out to the recliner in the living room. Very comfortable.

At one point today I could barely breathe through my nose. I had been warned that I would be stuffy but I hadn't noticed it much yet. So I remembered that the class suggested to clean my nose with a 50% diluted solution of hydrogen peroxide and qtips. I did this and pulled out a large chunk of nasty dried blood and snot. Every since I can breathe! My ears are still pretty plugged.

Went for a walk tonight when it got dark. Was able to walk to the end of the block twice and back. Sat outside with some stray kitties for a bit.

No comments: