Monday, May 26, 2008

Day 14 - Lazy day

Today I had such big plans. Bf was coming back from a trip and I wanted to have the house cleaned and all. Like usual during this I didn't get much of anything accomplished. One thing to remember during this is that you are healing and it should be your primary focus. Do not feel guilty or punish yourself for now accomplishing things. There is a reason you get 4-6 weeks of disability. You will have plenty of time later to get things done.

As you can see from the photo, things are getting back to normal. I can kinda smile and the swelling is not to visible from the front. From the side I just look like I have some kid-like chipmunk cheeks. Most people who don't know me won't have any clue. The bruises on my chin are down to small spots and the yellowing on my throat is almost gone. Hard to believe how much has changed in less than 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing what the human body can take and come back from! Again I think your very focused self-care helped speed the healing.